Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by David Remy <dr...@bea.com> on 2003/09/30 20:55:47 UTC

Getting XMLBeans distribution

I think we need to get a distribution for download off of the xmlbeans website now that the website has been updated.  I believe we came to the conclusion that XMLBeans can do an incubated release as long as:

1.  There is some sort of note is posted with the distributable that this is an "incubated release" and therefore not sanctioned by ASF.
2.  The distribution would have "incubated" in the name of the file (e.g., incubated-xmlbeans-1.0.0.zip)
3.  The readme would contain the same disclaimer as bullet 1 above.

This is easy enough to do.  I have already modified the build to create the distribution with the correct name.  It will be easy enough to update the website text and the readme.txt.

I propose the following language for the website and readme:  "XMLBeans is a project in Apache Incubation and has not received full Apache Software Foundation project or sub-project status.  Consequently this release is classified as an 'incubated' release and is not sanctioned by the Apache Software Foundation."  I just made that up so I am hoping that Ted/Berin/Cliff et al. will let me know if that is ok or needs revision.

Once we have that figured out where should I put the distribution?  In the xml subdirectory on minotaur?

thx,
rem