Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by kaffeesurrogat <ka...@posteo.de> on 2020/04/26 08:49:07 UTC

Re: Lot of strange problems: OM 5.0.4, THERE YOU GO ;-) and another question ...

Hey Maxim,

On 26/04/2020 06:42, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> I would recommend:
>
> 1) drop tomcat3 script from the system
> 1.1) remove it from autostart
> 2) run `sudo killall java`
> 3) use this script
> https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/openmeetings-server/src/main/assembly/scripts/openmeetings.service
> (bundled with OM)
>    as described here
> https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/openmeetings-server/src/main/assembly/scripts/openmeetings.service#L15
>    correct paths lines 28-30, 34, 35
>    modify line 31 set `-Xmx=8G` (this should be enough)

i did find this option on duckduckgo, but  they talked about differnt
java progs, never was able to figure out where to set it for
openmeetings ;-)

my steps:
1) I added openmeetings.service to  /etc/systemd/system
2)  chmod 664 /etc/systemd/system/openmeetings.service
3)  systemctl daemon-reload
4) systemctl start openmeetings.service ........ fails with

Job for openmeetings.service failed because the control process exited
with error code.
See "systemctl status openmeetings.service" and "journalctl -xe" for
details.

Running

---------------------------------
journalctl -xe
---------------------------------

gives ...

 touch: '/opt/open504/logs/catalina.out' kann nicht berührt werden:
Keine Berechtigung
(no rights to do so ...., permissions ....)

During installation following the guides from om wikis, I did a

-----------------------------------
chown -R nobody /opt/open504
-----------------------------------

most of the files belong now to nobody:root. Files in /opt/open504/logs/
all belong to root:root ...
mmmmm,

In
---------------------------------------
 /etc/systemd/system/openmeetings.service
---------------------------------------

user is set to nobody and group to nogroup.  Sounds good to me.

Next i changed the ownership in the logfiles to  nobody:root . That was
definitely some kind of progress

That means

--------------------------------------
systemctl start openmeetings.service
------------------------------------

returns nothing anymore .

But

---------------------------------
sudo systemctl status openmeetings.service
---------------------------------

shows

--------------------------------
openmeetings.service - Apache OpenMeetings server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/openmeetings.service; disabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sun
2020-04-26 10:25:31 CEST; 5s ago
  Process: 30922 ExecStart=/opt/open504/bin/startup.sh (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 30929 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
----------------------------------

in the log (/opt/open504/logs/catalina.out)
i can find the following ...

-----------------------------------
NOTE: Picked up JDK_JAVA_OPTIONS:
--add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx=8G
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
----------------------------------

mmmmmm,  changed the line 31 in

-----------------------------------
 /etc/systemd/system/openmeetings.service
-----------------------------------

----------------------------------
Environment='CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms1G -Xmx8G -server -XX:+UseParallelGC'
----------------------------------

doing

--------------------------------
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl start openmeetings

systemctl status openmeetings

● openmeetings.service - Apache OpenMeetings server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/openmeetings.service; disabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-04-26 10:39:40 CEST; 14s ago
  Process: 32481 ExecStop=/opt/open504/bin/shutdown.sh (code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 32488 ExecStart=/opt/open504/bin/startup.sh (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 32495 (java)
    Tasks: 80 (limit: 165)
   CGroup: /system.slice/openmeetings.service
           └─32495 /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/open504/conf/logging.properties
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.awt.hea

Apr 26 10:39:40 : Starting Apache OpenMeetings server...
Apr 26 10:39:40 : Started Apache OpenMeetings server.

There you go ...... ;-)

Sorry for writing down all those things mentioning every litte step, but
I guess it will help me to remember all the stuff, if not i hope to find
my mail again ...

Many many thanks to the openmeetings team, you are responsible for the
huge smile in my face ...

Now it is testing time again .... ;-)  Check if all the weird problems,
disconnections, reconnections, more than one copy of the same user in
one room disappeared ....
I will keep you informed.

Oh btw. one more question:

Should I change the ownership of all files in /opt/open504 to
nobody:nogroup as the service is running under this presidency ?

Have fun,

kaffeesurrogat

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend to change owner of OM to nobody
As well as change the user who will start KMS to nobody as well