Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2009/10/02 17:48:16 UTC

Re: Logo Design Contest

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 16:13 -0500, Eric Evans wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 11:39 -0500, Eric Evans wrote:
> > A logo design contest is now underway at 99designs.com.
> >
> > http://99designs.com/contests/28940
> >
> > The contest brief can be found here:
> > http://99designs.com/contests/28940/brief. If you're worried that it's
> > missing something critical (or includes something it shouldn't), leave a
> > comment on the contest page and/or let me know right away.
>
> The submission part of the 99designs.com contest is now over; we ended
> up with a whopping 618 submissions (yikes). Now comes the hard part,
> picking a winner. :)
>
> Fortunately, a number of people have been following the contest and
> providing feedback in the comments area or in #cassandra, and as a
> result we've got the list weeded down to the best 48 designs[0].
> However, since it's probably not practical to run a vote with more than
> say 10 or 15 options, the final ballot will likely be limited to those
> entries rated 4 or 5 stars[1].
>
> I'll wait a few days before starting up a vote to give everyone a chance
> to weigh-in on what should make the final ballot. Your opinion matters,
> so take a look at the contest page and either send me your suggestions,
> or bring them up here on the list.

Does this mean that everyone is happy with the 11 candidate logos?
http://99designs.com/contests/28940?orderby=timesubmitted&filterby=highrating

We'll need to start a vote soon (there are time limits imposed by
99designs for awarding the payout).

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: Logo Design Contest

Posted by Curt Micol <as...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:
> Does this mean that everyone is happy with the 11 candidate logos?
> http://99designs.com/contests/28940?orderby=timesubmitted&filterby=highrating
>
> We'll need to start a vote soon (there are time limits imposed by
> 99designs for awarding the payout).

The only 3 star that I would perhaps like to see promoted in the final
vote is #576. It's really grown on me, I think it has elements of both
the mythology and the columns up top are kind of significant in a
number of ways. They kind of look like server racks, column oriented
database and greek in their design.

Anyways, other than that I think there's a good selection to fit a
diverse community. Now lets just hope there is a clear winner. :)

Thanks for your work on this Eric.

--
# Curt Micol