Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Hansen, Richard" <Ri...@westgroup.com> on 2001/02/21 23:44:55 UTC

Wrong HTTP status code on fault?

It appears that the rpcrouter servlet is sending back the wrong HTTP status
code when it can't parse a request. The SOAP spec seems to say that faults
should come back as status 500 but they seem to be coming back as 400 Bad
Request. At least when the XML cannot be parsed. I have a VB client using
the MS SOAP SDK 2.0 beta 1 that does not get the fault when this happens. I
have not checked to see what happens if I throw an exepction in my SOAP
method.