Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2007/12/10 06:26:42 UTC

[axis2] rampart and ws-policy

Hi,

The axis2 doc says: This release fully supports WS Policy at client-side. It
means that when you codegen a stub against a WSLD which contains policies,
the stub will contain the capability to engage the required modules with the
appropriate configurations.

However, it seems that it doesn't work with rampart. I've tried putting a
policy into the WSDL and generate
the stub, but it seems to have little effect on the client nor the service.

Can anyone confirm this?

-----
--
Kent Tong
Wicket tutorials freely available at http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDW

Re: [axis2] rampart and ws-policy

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Sukma Agung Verdianto wrote:

> If you wish to use it with rampart, you may load rampart specific
> configuration (certificate config, password, etc) from code.
> serviceClient.getAxisService
> ().getPolicyInclude().addPolicyElement(PolicyInclude.SERVICE_POLICY,
> loadRampartPolicy());

Thanks! It works. On the server side, should I have the policy in both
services.xml and the WSDL?

-----

Posted by Sukma Agung Verdianto <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
At the client-side, if your write policy on the right place,
the generated stub will contains something below for each operation,

(__operation).getMessage(org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDLConstants.
MESSAGE_LABEL_OUT_VALUE).getPolicyInclude().setPolicy(getPolicy("<wsp:Policy
wsu:Id=\"urn:uuid:A809BF1515D2ECB3871196501370797\" xmlns:wsp=\"
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy\" xmlns:wsu=\"
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd\"><wsp:ExactlyOne><wsp:All><wsrm:RMAssertion
xmlns:wsrm=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm\">\n
<wsrm:InactivityTimeout
Milliseconds=\"600000\" />\n <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval
Milliseconds=\"200\" />\n </wsrm:RMAssertion><sp:AsymmetricBinding
xmlns:sp=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy\"><wsp:Policy><sp:InitiatorToken><wsp:Policy><sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken=\"
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient\"><wsp:Policy><sp:WssX509V3Token10
/></wsp:Policy></sp:X509Token></wsp:Policy></sp:InitiatorToken><sp:RecipientToken><wsp:Policy><sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken=\"
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/Never\"><wsp:Policy><sp:WssX509V3Token10
/></wsp:Policy></sp:X509Token></wsp:Policy></sp:RecipientToken><sp:AlgorithmSuite
xmlns:sp=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy\"><wsp:Policy><sp:TripleDesRsa15
/></wsp:Policy></sp:AlgorithmSuite><sp:Layout><wsp:Policy><sp:Strict
/></wsp:Policy></sp:Layout><sp:IncludeTimestamp
/><sp:OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody
/></wsp:Policy></sp:AsymmetricBinding><sp:Wss10 xmlns:sp=\"
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy\"><sp:Policy><sp:MustSupportRefKeyIdentifier
/><sp:MustSupportRefIssuerSerial /></sp:Policy></sp:Wss10><sp:SignedParts
xmlns:sp=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy\"><sp:Body
/></sp:SignedParts><sp:EncryptedParts xmlns:sp=\"
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy\"><sp:Body
/></sp:EncryptedParts></wsp:All></wsp:ExactlyOne></wsp:Policy>"));

Which means, wsdl2java is able to read and validate the policy inside WSDL
and put the policy in generated client stub.
So, cmiiw, yes. Axis2 fully support WS policy at client-side.

If you wish to use it with rampart, you may load rampart specific
configuration (certificate config, password, etc) from code.
serviceClient.getAxisService
().getPolicyInclude().addPolicyElement(PolicyInclude.SERVICE_POLICY,
loadRampartPolicy());

Regards,
Sukma