Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jesse Glick <je...@sun.com> on 2006/03/02 21:16:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r381780 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW docs/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTestRunner.java src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitVersionHelper.java

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> I will however patch JUnitTestRunner a tiny bit to be able to run
>> JUnit 3 tests on JDK 1.4 if your classpath contains JUnit 3
>> _before_ JUnit 4.
>
> This probably works that way right now, I'd expect Class.forName for
> JUnit4TestAdapter to throw and exception because of the class file
> version on JDK 1.4 and then JUnitTestRunner falls back to the old
> behaviour.

That's not how it worked (cf. my "tweak" patch): just starting the task
would fail right away since the JUnitTaskMirrorImpl statically refers to
TestCase, which in junit-4.0.jar is built with -source 1.5.

-J.

--
jesse.glick@sun.com  x22801  netbeans.org  ant.apache.org
         http://google.com/search?q=e%5E(pi*i)%2B1