Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sarath Kamisetty <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/06 05:52:41 UTC

How do I pass arguments to a method when the service is accessed using a URL ?

Hi,

I have a simple service that has two methods - listOps and concatStrs,
that are published using WSDL. listOps() methods doesn't take any
arguments so if I access it from browser like
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/myService?method=listOps it works
just fine. But concatStrs() takes two string arguments so to invoke
this how do I pass the arguments in the URL ? In the WSDL those
arguments have names as well like below:

  <message name="concatStrsRequest">
    <part name="Str1" type="xsd:string"/>
    <part name="Str2" type="xsd:string"/>
  </message>

I am not sure how to encode these in the URL. Can you please help ?

Thanks,
Sarath

Re: How do I pass arguments to a method when the service is accessed using a URL ?

Posted by Sarath Kamisetty <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am using Axis 1.4 and I tried

http://localhost:8080/axis/services/myService/method=concatStrs?Str1=valueOfString1&Str2=valueOfString2

but that doesn't work. What is equivalent of this for Axis 1.4

Thanks,
Sarath

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sarath,