Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by James Muguira <ja...@cox.net> on 2004/05/08 20:17:03 UTC

http/1.0 or http/1.1

I'm using axis c++ (v1.0 or 1.1 operates the same in both) and
interoperating with jakarta-tomcat
(5.0.19).

I use tcpmon to monitor what is flowing back and forth.

I notice that if I use a java based version of axis, the request for
data to the web server is made using HTTP/1.0 protocol requests. If I
use axiscpp (1.0 or 1.1) the request asks to use HTTP/1.1 protocol.

If the returned data is packaged using http/1.1 the data coming back is
"chunked" (ie. the format of the data is: headers, a length indicator
and then the xml).

The length indicator will cause the xml parser to cough and die (expat
or xerces).

Is this me - am I not setting some info in some header correctly?
Currently I change the axis source code and recompile.

thank you for any help
JAM

Re: http/1.0 or http/1.1

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

The HTTP level is fixed in the code at compile time.

We have a resolution to the chunked issue which I thought had been put into
the code - can someone tell me the status of this fix please?

John Hawkins,

Re: http/1.0 or http/1.1