Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Xaero S <xa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/14 00:58:01 UTC

Exception while starting Cassandra 1.0.7 - ConfigurationException

Hi,

When i start Cassandra 1.0.7 with authentication enabled. i get this
following exception -

org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: Unable to find
authenticator class 'org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator'
    at
org.apache.cassandra.utils.FBUtilities.classForName(FBUtilities.java:574)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.utils.FBUtilities.construct(FBUtilities.java:586)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:189)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.setup(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:131)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:356)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:107)
Unable to find authenticator class
'org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator'
Fatal configuration error; unable to start server.  See log for stacktrace.

When i looked inside the apache-cassandra-1.0.7.jar of the lib directory, i
do not find the above class. So it looks like this is the right error. Can
someone help resolve this? I could not find a corresponding issue reported
on jira for this version. Has this been resolved in the next version?

Re: Exception while starting Cassandra 1.0.7 - ConfigurationException

Posted by Maki Watanabe <wa...@gmail.com>.
According to the wiki, it is not included in the binary distribution.
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/SimpleAuthenticator