Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by edward yoon <ed...@udanax.org> on 2008/02/08 07:24:21 UTC

java.lang.Package.getAnnotation exception

[root@localhost hbase]# bin/hbase shell
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method
java.lang.Package.getAnnotation with signature
(Ljava.lang.Class;)Ljava.lang.annotation.Annotation; was not found.
   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.VersionInfo.<clinit>(VersionInfo.java:33)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.HelpCommand.printVersion(HelpCommand.java:143)
   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.Shell.main(Shell.java:102)

Is it java-version problem?

--
B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.

Re: java.lang.Package.getAnnotation exception

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I'd say so Edward.   You're using gcj it looks like.  I'm guessing its
missing annotation implementation.  Try SUN jdk if you can.
St.Ack