Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org> on 2004/05/19 15:56:50 UTC

Managing Hook Scripts

Dear all,

a thing I liked with CVS was the fact you could easily handle CVSROOT
by common check in/out.  Working on some hook-scripts, I would like to
store them in a subversion project themselves.

Is there any standardized way on how I can achieve this?

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |

Re: Managing Hook Scripts

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 10:56, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> a thing I liked with CVS was the fact you could easily handle CVSROOT
> by common check in/out.  Working on some hook-scripts, I would like to
> store them in a subversion project themselves.
>
> Is there any standardized way on how I can achieve this?

Sure.  Import your 'hooks' directory into the repository, then make the
repos/hooks/ directory into a working copy.

Re: Managing Hook Scripts

Posted by Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org>.
> C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net> [2004-05-19 18:05]:
>
> Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org> writes:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > a thing I liked with CVS was the fact you could easily handle
> > CVSROOT by common check in/out.  Working on some hook-scripts, I
> > would like to store them in a subversion project themselves.
> >
> > Is there any standardized way on how I can achieve this?
>
> You can put you hooks/ directory under version control in the
> repository itself, and make your post-commit hook include a line
> with runs 'svn up' on the repos hooks/ directory.

Thanks!

wbr,
Lukas

Re: Managing Hook Scripts

Posted by Jani Averbach <ja...@jaa.iki.fi>.
On 2004-05-19 11:05-0500, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org> writes:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > a thing I liked with CVS was the fact you could easily handle CVSROOT
> > by common check in/out.  Working on some hook-scripts, I would like to
> > store them in a subversion project themselves.
> >
> > Is there any standardized way on how I can achieve this?
>
> You can put you hooks/ directory under version control in the
> repository itself, and make your post-commit hook include a line with
> runs 'svn up' on the repos hooks/ directory.

Here is one example how to do it:
http://websvn.samba.org/listing.php?rep=1&path=/&sc=1

BR, Jani

--