Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Cynthia Jeness <cj...@goldencode.com> on 2002/03/19 14:52:10 UTC

Can Xerces Ignore Comments

I had previously used JAXP and Crimson.  In order to simplify parsing of
XML files containing data, I always set the JAXP option to
"ignoreComments" to true.  This worked fine with Crimson, but seems to
have no effect if I switch to the Xerces parser.  Is there a Xerces
option to ignore comments?  Is the problem with JAXP or Xerces?
Obviously, I can manually skip the comment nodes returned by Xerces.  So
I can work around the problem, but having the parser ignore comments
seemed like a nice feature.

Cynthia Jeness