Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Steve Miller <st...@sil.org> on 2009/03/11 21:31:50 UTC

Newbie: Can't Load Futon

I have installed CouchDB on Windows XP. In both Firefox and IE, I have
connected to the database with:

     http://localhost:5984/.

I see displayed in the browser:

    {"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.0.0"}

This was nice to see. Per the O'Reilly Getting Started book, I tried to
load Futon with the command:

    http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/

This produces the response:

  Not found.

I'm not coming up with a way around this.

Steve

Re: Newbie: Can't Load Futon

Posted by Rickard Cardell <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

It could be an IPv6-thingy that is messing with you.

Ping localhost to see if it really resolves to 127.0.0.1 and not to IPv6:s
loopback address which is [::1].

In that case a small change in the hosts-file will sort it out:
%WIN_DIR%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Rickard

Re: Newbie: Can't Load Futon

Posted by Rickard Cardell <kp...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

It could be an IPv6-thingy that is messing with you.

Ping localhost to see if it really resolves to 127.0.0.1 and not to IPv6:s
loopback address which is [::1].
In that case a small change in the hosts-file will sort it out:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Rickard

Re: Newbie: Can't Load Futon

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Steve Miller <st...@sil.org> wrote:
> I have installed CouchDB on Windows XP. In both Firefox and IE, I have
> connected to the database with:
>
>    http://localhost:5984/.
>
> I see displayed in the browser:
>     {"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.0.0"}
>
> This was nice to see. Per the O'Reilly Getting Started book, I tried to load
> Futon with the command:
>
>   http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/

I assume you tried http://localhost:5984/_utils/

I'm not familiar with Windows, but this looks hopeful, as you did get
the welcome message from /

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com