Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Dilova, Tereza (BG)" <Di...@semantec.bg> on 2002/04/08 14:00:15 UTC

Gif, jpg of Web Services technology

Hi to all !

I am preparing a presentation of Web Services.
I need a picture of Web Services technology and everything related to it (
SOAP, WSDL, UDDI) and flow of data.
Can someone help me where to find that kind of picture ?

Best regards : Tereza

What I meant was "Looking for info how to deserialize Base64Binary", see prev. mail

Posted by Alexander Reifinger <Al...@Reifinger.de>.
Oops, sorry, forgot the change the subject...
Won't happen again ;-)
Alexander

What I meant was "Looking for info how to deserialize Base64Binary", see prev. mail

Posted by Alexander Reifinger <Al...@Reifinger.de>.

RE: Gif, jpg of Web Services technology

Posted by Alexander Reifinger <Al...@Reifinger.de>.
Hi,

I'm trying to use http://www.esynaps.com/WebServices/DailyDiblert.asmx
(sic!) 's Daily Dilbert as a demonstration for my Bachelor Thesis using
Apache SOAP.

After a bit of messing with the parameters, I seem to get through to the
service, but I am now getting this exception:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=No Deserializer found to
deserialize a 'http://tempuri.org/:DailyDilbertImageResult' using encoding
style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Deserializer found to
deserialize a 'http://tempuri.org/:DailyDilbertImageResult' using encoding
style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]

The response is defined to be Base64Binary in the WSDL file, how do I
deserialize this. The service is written in VB.NET, the source code is
available at
http://www.esynaps.com/Resources/Resources.aspx?src=''&Act=view&ID=R9&Cat=1&
Type=1, but of no great help. Basically, the GIF is saved into a
MemoryStream and returned as memoryStream.getBuffer(). The conversion to
Base64Binary is supposedly done by VB.NET's WebService class.

How do I deserialize this stream?

TIA,