Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Adam C <ad...@gmail.com> on 2024/03/02 00:26:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] [FlightSQL] Supporting parameters and prepared statements with a stateless server

Hello,

We would like to support prepared statements with bind parameters with a
stateless service. This was discussed previously on the mailing list [1].
The original ticket outlining the proposed design can be found here [2].

I have prepared a specific proposal and would like feedback in preparation
of calling for a formal vote. Here is a PR with the proposed spec change
[3].

Here are PRs with implementations in two languages: Go [4] and Rust [5].

Please let me know your thoughts.

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/f0xb61z4yw611rw0v8vf9rht0qtq8opc
[2]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues/37720
[3]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/40243
[4]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/40311
[5]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/pull/5433

Re: [DISCUSS] [FlightSQL] Supporting parameters and prepared statements with a stateless server

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
We are working to incorporate all the feedback we have received so far --
thank you to everyone who commented. If you would like to participate in
this discussion, please leave your comments in github.

I expect we'll call a formal vote later in the week

Andrew