Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Ilya Zavorin <iz...@caci.com> on 2011/03/06 17:30:02 UTC

error while building Tika using Maven

Hi,

I just downloaded apache-tika-0.9-src.zip from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-0.9-src.zip, unzipped and tried to build Tika using Maven. I used the following command:

mvn -e clean install

and got the following error message (I am also attaching the complete log):

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) on project tika-parsers: Compilation failure
[ERROR] C:\Code\ATEK\CT\apache-tika-0.9\tika-parsers\src\main\java\org\apache\tika\parser\image\ImageMetadataExtractor.java:[88,34] cannot access JPEGDecodeParam
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) on project tika-parsers: Compilation failure
C:\Code\ATEK\CT\apache-tika-0.9\tika-parsers\src\main\java\org\apache\tika\parser\image\ImageMetadataExtractor.java:[88,34] cannot access JPEGDecodeParam

                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:213)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
                at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
                at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException: Compilation failure
C:\Code\ATEK\CT\apache-tika-0.9\tika-parsers\src\main\java\org\apache\tika\parser\image\ImageMetadataExtractor.java:[88,34] cannot access JPEGDecodeParam

                at org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:516)
                at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:114)
                at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
                ... 19 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :tika-parsers

I found no info on this plugin here: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/

I am doing this on an XP Pro machine.

Why am I getting this error and how can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Mr. Ilya Zavorin, Ph.D.
Principal Research Analyst
Knowledge and Information Management Division
CACI International
4831 Walden Lane
Lanham, MD 20706
ph: 1-301-306-2859
fx: 1-301-306-8201
izavorin@caci.com
www.caci.com

Re: error while building Tika using Maven

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 03/06/2011 06:43 PM, Ilya Zavorin wrote:
> All the links from that page that I tried were broken.

You can find prebuilt binaries of all Tika releases on Maven Central at
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/.

We should probably start putting at least the tika-app jar for direct
download from the Tika web site and perhaps include a note there to look
at Maven Central for the other jars.

--
Jukka Zitting

RE: error while building Tika using Maven

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Ilya,

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.