Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Scott." <Sc...@anglolimited.com> on 2009/01/29 22:28:53 UTC

Accounting setup

I have a few questions regarding accounting and I’m wondering if someone
could point me in the right direction please? Here they are;

Accounting Preferences:
(/accounting/control/AdminMain?organizationPartyId=Company)
Where can I make changes to this screen? Must it be done in the seed data?
There is an update button but no edit button. Where can I set the inventory
accounting method to FIFO?

Time Period For:
(/accounting/control/TimePeriods?organizationPartyId=Company)
I’ve setup time periods in accounting. Fiscal Year 1 and 4 fiscal quarters
having the fiscal year as the Parent Period ID. Do I have to do this for
next year (2010) and the year after (2011), etc or once set, will ofbiz
continue to add?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Accounting setup

Posted by "Scott." <Sc...@anglolimited.com>.
Thanks for the reply Vince.

Just to clarify things, we do in fact load the seed data but not the demo
data. Our organization is setup and seems to be functioning as intended. We
have our COA setup and all is well.

The time period’s setup seems to be fine and closely match those in the
hotwax demo.  I just need to know if this is an ongoing requirement. In our
current accounting package we set our fiscal year end (which also happens to
be calendar year) and it then computes fiscal quarters without further user
intervention.

The other accounting preferences that I would need to change for example
would be the Tax Form for Organization Form - 1120 (US IRS), fiscal start,
as well as confirming or changing the inventory accounting method to FIFO
These are things recommended by our accountant.

Thanks again.

Re: Accounting setup

Posted by "Scott." <Sc...@anglolimited.com>.
Thanks Jaques. I managed to find a very old pdf but it got me going in the
right direction. If anyone else is interested, the Inventory Accounting
Method is located in the product stores under inventory.
/catalog/control/EditProductStore?productStoreId=9000

Re: Accounting setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Scott." <Sc...@anglolimited.com>

Re: Accounting setup

Posted by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com>.
Did you load demo data, or just seed? The following command loads demo data:
./ant run-install
to just load seed data:
./ant run-install-seed

If you loaded demo data an organization is setup called "Company" and the demo accounting data uses that as the internal org. If you are wanting to setup accounting in a real environment you need to do a build that only loads seed, then login and create a Party as your internal org.

Then look in the accounting/data directory for all demo data files. There will be a chart of accounts and a mapping of the accounts to an org. Replace all occurrences of "Company" with your new partyId.

Not sure where to set to FIFO, but I know I've seen it.

Regarding time periods, there is also xml in the demo data to create your initial time periods. Check this before loading it as I believe it also refers to the internal org so you will need to change that partyId before loading time periods.

I highly recommend you involve someone that understands accounting and OfBiz to use the accounting capabilities.