Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Johnny Clark <jc...@calliduscloud.com> on 2014/05/20 14:14:45 UTC

Java Files Started Appearing in activemq-all jar starting in 5.9.0

activemq-all-5.8.0.jar and older versions do not contain any .java files,
only .class files as I would expect.  Strating in version
activemq-all-5.9.0.jar .java and .class files are included in the JAR.

Was this intentional?  I'm having a problem related to the fact that Maven
is attempting to compile your .java files.  I admit that I'm surprised that
Maven is attempting to compile code inside your JAR, and that may be a
problem.  However, it seems odd to me that the .java files are included in
the .jar file, normally they would only appear in the sources jar
(example: activemq-all-5.9.0-sources.jar).