Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by dsh <da...@googlemail.com> on 2011/08/12 02:44:26 UTC

[QUESTION] Concerning JIRA QPID-2549

Hi,

I created a FreeBSD port of Qpid 0.10 but am stuck at the issue
described in #QPID-2549 [1]. Just to understand it completely - does
the JIRA mean Qpid is completely broken on FreeBSD or would it be
possible to navigate around the Poller related error messages by
specifying --without-poller while configuring Qpid?

PS: I intend to create the Qpid FreeBSD in support of creating an
Apache Tuscany FreeBSD port which has an optional dependency on Apache
Qpid.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2549

Thanks and best wishes!

Cheers
Daniel

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [QUESTION] Concerning JIRA QPID-2549

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
Okay I admit that I was a bit lazy hear and did ask instead of
googling :) I was curious in particular cause at Apache Tuscany I am
currently working on thread local related issues on OS X... especially
because we want to migrate to LLVM/Clang.

Cheers
Daniel

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> There are some other issues on OS X to do with threads, but yes the same
> applies there too.

Does a JIRA exist for the threading issues? If so could you provide the JIRA ID?

> By all means attach a patch, but be aware that no one is currently
> working on a poll or kqueue implementation so any changes will be of
> limited value currently.

Done! JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3418

You can as well browse the port directory structure for Apache Qpid here:

 -> http://people.apache.org/~dsh/projects/fbsd-ports/qpid/

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
Two questions: