Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2018/09/20 06:36:29 UTC

Needed: Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 10

Hi all,

Following our roadmap...

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+Release+Roadmap

...we are approaching feature freeze.

A release manager is needed, Emilian did a fantastic job in the Apache
NetBeans 9 release, and I am sure he can provide support and advice as
needed.

Several indicated interest in this role the last time we discussed this,
e.g., here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fc7d4a9d71c595f964a0e0ed102b3b25305d3d2dd77135853cedb70e@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E

The release manager needs to branch off the release on Sep 30 and not let
any features in after that, only bug fixes. Right now, the integration with
JDK 11 and PHP looks solid, Java EE, JavaScript, Groovy, would all be great
to include -- but people need to step forward fast now to make that happen
otherwise that will be shifted to the next release, early next year, while
all those features will of course be available as is from the 8.2 Plugin
Portal.

Hopefully we could then have Apache NetBeans 10 Vote Candidate 1 or 2 ready
for Oracle Code One as a beta or preview release, with the final release
during November.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Needed: Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 10

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
> 4. In JIRA we need a new version (or two versions for 10.0 an 11.0).
>     BTW I do not know if the 9.0 has been marked as closed. Do we have a
>     JIRA admin guy or we need to requests these modifications?

I've "released 9.0" on JIRA and created a 10.0 version now.

Regards

John

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi Laszlo,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Until we put together the official new feature page on netbeans.apache.org,
this is where we're gathering all the features -- so, if anyone has had
their pull requests merged, and if those pull requests result in some kind
of enhancement that is going to be noticeable by a user, please consider
briefly documenting your enhancement here is the last step of your process:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+10

Gj

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Geertjan Wielenga <

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Laszlo,

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geertjan,