Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sde <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/10 03:29:20 UTC

CXF Throttling sample on Github

Hello,I was trying to use CXF throttling sample on Git
https://github.com/apache/cxf/tree/master/distribution/src/main/release/samples/throttling
<https://github.com/apache/cxf/tree/master/distribution/src/main/release/samples/throttling>
hub for a POC.In the sample code I added Thread.sleep(3000) in the service
class to simulate load, the moving averages were lower from the original
code run under same load(req/sec).In the sample code for threshold author
says request per sec("They also get throttled more if they are over
10req/sec over a 5 minute period ").From my analysis I believe that the
counter is incremented once request completes its life-cycle. So for a
latency under same load the moving averages will be lower.I am not able to
understand how it works for a use case of throttling a consumer if req/sec
goes beyond a threshold.Thanks!SDE