Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bonio Lopez <bo...@gmx.de> on 2006/08/11 10:14:23 UTC

Diff tool

Hi source control experts,
Can somebody give me an advice. I need a diff tool, which can ignore some
differences. I.e. I merged two files. The both files stay different. But the
tool should be able save those differences as a patch file and ignore for
next merges.
Have somebody heard about such diff tool?
Thanks,
Boni

Re: Diff tool

Posted by allan <al...@muly.dk>.
Bonio Lopez wrote:
> Hi source control experts,
> Can somebody give me an advice. I need a diff tool, which can ignore some
> differences. I.e. I merged two files. The both files stay different. But the
> tool should be able save those differences as a patch file and ignore for
> next merges.
> Have somebody heard about such diff tool?
> Thanks,
> Boni

if you are on win32 i highly recommend Beyond Compare available from
http://www.scootersoftware.com. it can output the patch in four
different patch formats

./allan