Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/27 01:28:15 UTC

hbase monitoring through stargate

Stargate provides REST service through certain port.
Ops told me that they cannot open additional port from hbase cluster for
security reasons.

I want to hear opinions/approaches w.r.t. hbase monitoring in production
through stargate.

Thanks

Re: hbase monitoring through stargate

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Gary:
Thanks for your suggestion.
I have tested my patch which is outlined in:

I worked with mod_rewrite at my previous company which is a php shop. I will
pick it up if needed :-)

Cheers

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3161 has been filed.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Oh ok that makes sense.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Stargate is not meant to be a monitoring tool, nor designed as such.

   - Andy

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.