Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nathan Kellogg <ap...@nwlocation.com> on 2006/11/16 20:14:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Help Wanted for Setup

   I am looking for PAID help in the setup of Apache 2.2 on a WINXP
box.   We will be running openSSL, AUTH and later FastCGI, MYSQL and
PHP.   This server will host multiple sites and multiple SSL certs.

Would prefer to hire someone who will be available later on, after the
setup is done, from time to time.

    Also preferred is someone < 3 +/-  from PST.

Please reply directly to apache@nwlocation.com with qualifications and
hourly pay expected.

Re: [users@httpd] Help Wanted for Setup

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 11:14 AM 11/16/2006, you wrote:
>   I am looking for PAID help in the setup of Apache 2.2 on a WINXP
>box.   We will be running openSSL, AUTH and later FastCGI, MYSQL and
>PHP.   This server will host multiple sites and multiple SSL certs.
>
>Would prefer to hire someone who will be available later on, after the
>setup is done, from time to time.
>
>    Also preferred is someone < 3 +/-  from PST.
>
>Please reply directly to apache@nwlocation.com with qualifications and
>hourly pay expected.

While I might be able to get by and help you, I am nowhere near an
expert, and have no qualifications other than installing Apache with
Mysql and php on a os/x mac box, so I wouldn't even consider
attempting to, or much less charging, to do the same on a Windows
box, however I can suggest the manual.  That's what helped me out
installing it on my system. Sure, you can probably find someone who
will get things up and running for a fee. But then, sometime later,
you'll change something. And it will break. And you'll be at a loss
on how to fix it. And the person you paid to install it won't be able
to look at it for a week. Could you afford to be down for a week? Or a day?

Happened to me. I installed it, and things were fine. I tried to
change one thing down the road, and it broke. Took me near 2 days to
fix it. Had I not installed it, I would not have known how to fix it.

Just making the suggestion. Depending on your level of expertiese,
it's not that hard.

Evan

RE: [users@httpd] Help Wanted for Setup

Posted by Mark Lavi <ml...@sgi.com>.
Do it yourself: download and a few clicks.
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.html

--Mark
Mark Lavi, Enterprise Web Management Team @ SGI