Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kevin Kim <kk...@jonesmcclure.com> on 2012/08/30 19:31:03 UTC

ANT and HTML Tidy

Completely beginner in ANT here, I am trying to run HTML Tidy with the exec command, and stuck on how to implement this since I am still unfamiliar with the syntax.

<exec executable="cmd">

            <arg path="Users\kkim\Desktop" />
            <arg value="tidy" />
            <arg value="-asxml" />
            <arg value="c100.html" />

     <!--       <arg line="tidy -asxml c100.html" />-->

        </exec>

Am I on the right track here at all? I am trying to get Windows cmd to run the command line "tidy -asxml c100.html." I also need to run this command line from a specific directory (my desktop), which I tried doing with arg path?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: ANT and HTML Tidy

Posted by Carlos Araya <ca...@gmail.com>.
Try something like this:

<exec executable="tidy">
  <arg line="-asxml c100.html" />
</exec>

You don't need to run the shell to use TIdy, you can call Tidy directy.

As far as I know, Ant will run the commands from the directory where
the build file is located.

Carlos