Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tilak Raj Singh <ti...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/18 04:43:01 UTC

does hosts and managementserver have to be in same subnet?

Hello All,

I have a management having ip 172.31.101.202 having a network 172.31.100.0
and subnet of 255.255.252.0. The default gateway is at 172.31.100.1

The private ip range in the zone is 172.31.101.210 - 172.31.101.220 and
guests ip range is 172.31.101.230 - 172.31.101.250

The management server also acts as a host and has a VM running. Through
this VM I can connect to the internet and ping other systems all over the
network

Now I added a host to this zone having ip 172.31.132.131, network
172.31.132.0, gateway 172.31.132.1 and subnet 255.255.252.0. The host added
succesfully to the same cluster as the previous host. Now when I create a
VM on this host it is given a IP from the guest ip range i.e 172.31.101.0
network..But from this VM I cannot access either the internet or any other
machine.

Am I somewhere wrong here? Do I need to create a seperate cluster for the
hosts in the other subnet?

Regards

RE: does hosts and managementserver have to be in same subnet?

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Hosts in a pod or cluster must be in the same subnet. In your case is the guest cidr tagged? If yes you need to configure the tagged vlan as native vlan on the switch ports where the hosts are connected.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Posted by Tilak Raj Singh <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Somesh,