Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ar...@tcs.com on 2006/02/15 15:31:28 UTC

Facing problems with retaining cookie values.

Hi All,

I am having some problems with cookies.
I am trying to set values to a cookie by this following piece of code:

<xsp-cookie:create-cookies>
                <xsp-cookie:cookie>
                <xsp-cookie:name>user_groups</xsp-cookie:name>
 <xsp-cookie:value><xsp:expr>"VVAL"</xsp:expr></xsp-cookie:value>
                </xsp-cookie:cookie>
</xsp-cookie:create-cookies>

When I am trying to retrieve it,it is getting retrieved only for the
particular instance of browser window,
when I am opening a new instance of browser window,i am unable to retain
the cookie values.the piece of code is pasted below.

<xsp:expr><xsp-cookie:getValue name="user_groups"/></xsp:expr>

Kindly help me find out any solutions for the particular issue, as I want
to maintain the cookie values also for new instances of browser window.

Thanks and Regards,
Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you