Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/08/18 09:30:00 UTC

Default cloud instance login - root or something else?

Hello,

As you know I am working on www.openvm.eu and in the interest of making the templates as useful as possible, I'd like to know how the community uses the default login user.

As you may know, most templates offered by distributions default to a certain user, I think it's "ubuntu" for Ubuntu, "debian" for Debian, "centos" for CentOS and so on. They're all avoiding user "root" for "security" reasons or just to be consistent.

In my own deployment I'm not using this feature and use "root" instead as to not confuse my users; additionally this is also how I generate the templates at www.openvm.eu, but I don't see much tragedy involved in trying to follow the distributions' model.

So, what user are you using by default, what default login would you like to see by default?

Any other comments?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro