Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pavel Belski <ge...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 11:50:04 UTC

Strange error while building OO for windows

Hi all,

currently i'm trying to build Open Office from svn sources, closely
following the guide in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7.2C_Windows_8.1.2C_Windows_10.
The trunk revision i currently have is

Pavel@Pavel-PC /cygdrive/c/oosources/aoo-trunk
$ svn info
Pfad: .
Wurzelpfad der Arbeitskopie: /cygdrive/c/oosources/aoo-trunk
Relative URL: ^/openoffice/trunk
Basis des Projektarchivs: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
UUID des Projektarchivs: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 1793265
Knotentyp: Verzeichnis
Plan: normal
Letzter Autor: mseidel
Letzte geänderte Rev: 1793216
Letztes Änderungsdatum: 2017-04-29 18:32:21 +0200 (Sa, 29. Apr 2017)

Steps that are marked as "optional" on the Wiki page i skipped except for
usage of dbghelp.dll(i configured with --enable-dbgutil). While trying to
build with "build --all" everything goes fine until this:

=============
Building module gtest
=============

Entering /cygdrive/c/oosources/aoo-trunk/ext_libraries/gtest

mkdir: cannot create directory './wntmsci12/misc/build/gtest-1.7.0/': File
exists
C:/oosources/aoo-trunk/main/solenv/gbuild/Package.mk:28: ***
gb_Deliver_deliver: file does not exist in solver, and cannot b.  Stop.red:
/cygdrive/c/oosources/aoo-trunk/main/solver/420/wntmsci12/inc/gtest/gtest.h
dmake:  Error code 2, while making
'./wntmsci12/misc/build/so_built_oo_gtest'

1 module(s):
        gtest
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/cygdrive/c/oosources/aoo-trunk/ext_libraries/gtest

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by
running:

        build --all:gtest

As i understand it couldn't build some module and so doesn't find it on the
"deliver" step. The thing is, i don't see any compiler/linker error
messages and so have no idea what's up with this and where do i even start
trying to figure it out i also have no clue. Is this even something wrong
on my end or perhaps the svn trunk i have is unbuildable. What is OO dev
policy on acceptable build status of svn trunk revisions?

Any ideas on what i should do next?

Re: Strange error while building OO for windows

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pavel,

That sounds great!

I did also finish my first build on Windows.
According to your mail I took Java 1.7. Additionally I added German
language and enabled dictionaries...

Regards, Matthias

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
That is exceptionally good news!

Posted by Pavel Belski <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Belski <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pavel,

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pavel,

Did you update the wiki accordingly?

If you don't have a MediaWiki (MWiki) account, you can request one...

Regards, Matthias

Posted by Pavel Belski <ge...@gmail.com>.