Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/13 00:30:01 UTC

Re: [kafka-clients] Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.8.0 RC1

I just noticed that with the latest release candidate, the binaries from
the Scala 2.13 and 2.12 tarballs are not finding the class for the meta
data shell

https://home.apache.org/~vvcephei/kafka-2.8.0-rc1/

It looks like kafka-run-class.sh is not able to load it.

Is this a known issue? Should I open an issue to track it?

isekpo@MININT-5RPA920:/mnt/c/Users/isekpo/kafka_2.12-2.8.0$
bin/kafka-metadata-shell.sh --help
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.kafka.shell.MetadataShell
org.apache.kafka.shell.MetadataShell

isekpo@MININT-5RPA920:/mnt/c/Users/isekpo/kafka_2.12-2.8.0$ cd
../kafka_2.13-2.8.0/

isekpo@MININT-5RPA920:/mnt/c/Users/isekpo/kafka_2.13-2.8.0$

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the feedback, all.

I am now closing this vote thread in favor of the vote on
2.8.0 RC2.

Thanks,
John

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.