Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by manjunath nakshathri <na...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/11 10:58:57 UTC

Open NLP : Train Model

Hello All,

I am new to Open NLP and NLP iteself. We are trying to process a user given
sentence and map it to the Business activities.

Currently we are using the Models which are provided in OpenNLP site for
detecting Name, Amount and Date. Currently we have observed below
challenges:

1. It does not recognize Indian Names
2. It does not recognize certain Dates for ex : May 1, 2015
3. Also it does not recognize the amount field if we provide 500 $ OR 500
Dollars

We would like to enhance this model to fit into our requirement. For that i
would have to update the model. My questions :

1. Is it possible to update the existing model? if yes, how i can do that?
2. Whats the normal procedure to get the model data? Is it manually created
or do we have to go to WIKI sites for extract the appropriate details?

Would really appreciate if you can share the details what you know. It will
help me to move an inch closer in accomplishing the task.

Regards,
Manjunath

--
Thanks and Regards