Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/12 17:49:37 UTC

PR failing Jenkins although tests are passing fine locally

I've issued PR https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/42 and while
Travis seems happy about it, Jenkis is not.

Checking the build console
https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PreCommit/61/console I see that for some
reason it downloads MapR hadoop artifacts such as:

[INFO] Downloading:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-client/2.7.0-mapr-1509/hadoop-client-2.7.0-mapr-1509.jar

instead of Apache Hadoop from Maven Central.

It seems that the issues causing the tests to fail are related to the
MapR distribution..

Any reason for that ? How/Where does Jenkins configure it's settings.xml ?

Thanks,

Amit

Re: PR failing Jenkins although tests are passing fine locally

Posted by Jason Kuster <ja...@google.com.INVALID>.
Hi all. Summing up what we learned here plus some of Davor's and my
investigations.

Issue 1: MapR Hadoop
Diagnosis: Use of Maven global repository may have caused test failure due
to caching of MapR's version of Hadoop.
Mitigation: Switched to private Maven repository.
Next Steps: Determine whether private Maven repository fixes problem
permanently or is just a band-aid. This could be a slave-dependent problem.

Issue 2: Jenkins status fails to update.
Diagnosis: Re-running failed pull request builds instead builds the master
branch of the repository. This is due to the Jenkins job configuration.
Mitigation: Submitted new changes to pull request, kicking off a fresh
Jenkins build via webhooks.
Next Steps: Determine how to configure the rebuild job action to actually
rebuild the pull request in question and update the Github status.

Let me know if there's anything incorrect or any information I may have
missed.

Thanks,

Jason

--
-------
Jason Kuster

Re: PR failing Jenkins although tests are passing fine locally

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Kuster <ja...@google.com.INVALID>.

--
-------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: PR failing Jenkins although tests are passing fine locally

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
Let me know if I can assist in any way.

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@google.com.INVALID>.
We are investigating.

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Amit,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: PR failing Jenkins although tests are passing fine locally

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@google.com.INVALID>.