Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by mouss <mo...@ml.netoyen.net> on 2009/04/02 00:57:53 UTC

Re: Looking for list of bank domains

Marc Perkel a écrit :

> Matt Garretson wrote:
>> Marc Perkel wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to get a more complete list of banks or bank like institutions
>>> and sites where hackers are trying to steal passwords to log into
>>> people's accounts. Here's my small list. Like to get more. I might set
>>>

>> What about webmail sites that people phish for?  And social
>> networking sites?  And online stores?  And...
>>
>> Trying to maintain a list of phishing targets will eventually
>> converge with a list of all web sites.  :)
>>
>> Why not just let bayes figure out which URLs appear most often
>> in spam?  Maintaining a list by hand seems like a lot of effort.
>>
>> -Matt
>>

> Actually such a list might be a good idea. A list of sites people phish
> for. The rule is as follows. If the from domain is on the list then that
> domain has to also appear somewhere in the received lines or it's spam.
> I think such a list would be useful.

unfortunately, it isn't that simple... while some banks are aware of the
problem and do efforts to make it easy to detect their ham from phishes.
others are unaware or irresponsible (some banks use "untrusted" or
undeclared 3d party relays).

anyway, you can get a list of phished domains from phishtank.