Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> on 2019/04/12 18:40:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.7.0 (RC1)

Hello All,

         Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.7.0.

RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.7.0 can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.7.0-rc1/

The following features and bug fixes are introduced in 1.7.0:

Features -

     DISPATCH-1313 - Allow configuration of optional policy-vhost in
listeners so different listeners can enforce different policies

Bug Fixes -

    DISPATCH-1270 - Inapropriate use of CLOCK_REALTIME for periodic timer
    DISPATCH-1302 - Large messages sent pre-settled may arrive
unsettled and never get settled by the sender
    DISPATCH-1304 - Authz self test fails with python 3
    DISPATCH-1305 - Fix flake8 warnings in system_tests_policy
    DISPATCH-1306 - [tools] Scraper does not account for changes to log format
    DISPATCH-1309 - Various crashes in 1.6 release
    DISPATCH-1314 - spurious error in log when using healthz or metrics
    DISPATCH-1315 - attempt to wake a deleted http connection
    DISPATCH-1316 - race in remote_sasl can cause use after free
    DISPATCH-1307 - Scraper process is not tested by self test

Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.7.0 (RC1)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 12/04/2019 7:40 pm, Ganesh Murthy wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>           Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
> official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.7.0.
>
> RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.7.0 can be found here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.7.0-rc1/

+1, verified checksum and signature, built from source including all
tests, ran relevant python proton examples against it, ran simple test
with qpid::messaging against it, ran 1.5 qdstat against it

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.7.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@gmail.com>.
We are extending the vote by one more day to give folks some time to test.

Thanks.

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1

* Built from source with qpid-proton 0.27.1-rc1
* Ran self tests
* Ran local multi-system network with multiple consoles coming and going

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1
* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for presence of LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Ran mvn apache-rat:check, no files with missing license headers found.
* Built from source against Proton 0.27.0 in Fedora 29 and ran system
tests. All tests passed

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1

Built, installed, and ran ctest successfully on Ubuntu18.04 using proton
0.27.1-RC1
Ran oslo.messaging smoke test successfully

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 2:40 PM Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>          Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
> official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.7.0.
>
> RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.7.0 can be found here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.7.0-rc1/
>
> The following features and bug fixes are introduced in 1.7.0:
>
> Features -
>
>      DISPATCH-1313 - Allow configuration of optional policy-vhost in
> listeners so different listeners can enforce different policies
>
> Bug Fixes -
>
>     DISPATCH-1270 - Inapropriate use of CLOCK_REALTIME for periodic timer
>     DISPATCH-1302 - Large messages sent pre-settled may arrive
> unsettled and never get settled by the sender
>     DISPATCH-1304 - Authz self test fails with python 3
>     DISPATCH-1305 - Fix flake8 warnings in system_tests_policy
>     DISPATCH-1306 - [tools] Scraper does not account for changes to log
> format
>     DISPATCH-1309 - Various crashes in 1.6 release
>     DISPATCH-1314 - spurious error in log when using healthz or metrics
>     DISPATCH-1315 - attempt to wake a deleted http connection
>     DISPATCH-1316 - race in remote_sasl can cause use after free
>     DISPATCH-1307 - Scraper process is not tested by self test
>
> Thanks.

-K

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.7.0 (RC1)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 19:40, Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>          Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
> official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.7.0.
>
> RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.7.0 can be found here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.7.0-rc1/
>
> The following features and bug fixes are introduced in 1.7.0:
>
> Features -
>
>      DISPATCH-1313 - Allow configuration of optional policy-vhost in
> listeners so different listeners can enforce different policies
>
> Bug Fixes -
>
>     DISPATCH-1270 - Inapropriate use of CLOCK_REALTIME for periodic timer
>     DISPATCH-1302 - Large messages sent pre-settled may arrive
> unsettled and never get settled by the sender
>     DISPATCH-1304 - Authz self test fails with python 3
>     DISPATCH-1305 - Fix flake8 warnings in system_tests_policy
>     DISPATCH-1306 - [tools] Scraper does not account for changes to log format
>     DISPATCH-1309 - Various crashes in 1.6 release
>     DISPATCH-1314 - spurious error in log when using healthz or metrics
>     DISPATCH-1315 - attempt to wake a deleted http connection
>     DISPATCH-1316 - race in remote_sasl can cause use after free
>     DISPATCH-1307 - Scraper process is not tested by self test
>
> Thanks.

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE+NOTICE files present in the archive.
- Used mvn apache-rat:check to verify the licence headers.
- Built against Proton 0.27.1 RC1 and ran the tests, all passed.
- Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld example against the built router.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.7.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1