Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2016/12/20 20:05:04 UTC

Re: Hello

Alexander,

CC-ing the dev list to keep everyone in track.

I hope the case you’re talking about can be already implemented by the usage of RendezvousAffinityFunction.setAffinityBackupFilter(…) method [1]. This method gives you a way to control a locality of your primary and backup nodes. Depending on the filter implementation specific nodes might end up in one physical location while the rest in the others.

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.7.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/rendezvous/RendezvousAffinityFunction.html <https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.7.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/rendezvous/RendezvousAffinityFunction.html>

—
Denis

Re: Hello

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Alexander,

Thanks for the details. Now I see what you’re talking about. Agree, it makes sense to support this. Could you initiate a dedicated discussion on the dev list proposing this to the community and sharing design/implementations details if any? This discussion named “Hello” is not the place for this :)

—
Denis

Re: Hello

Posted by Александр Меньшиков <sh...@gmail.com>.