Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Everman <ev...@precedadesign.com> on 2003/04/25 23:10:27 UTC

Non-Rendered Component

I have a CRUD (Create, Update, Delete) component that I built to handle
persistence for any class.  The component encapsulates the persistence
functions, handling form submissions, and can be used in any page.  The
component itself has no visible aspects - either template or direct writing.

Is this a reasonable application of a component in Tapestry, or am I headed
for problems down the road?  I see from a previous post that components
that don't show up in the page template somewhere generate server log
warnings - will this continue, or was this an oversight?

Right now my component is generating "Could not find template for component
Home/editor in locale en_US." errors.  I'm sure that components aren't
required to have templates, is there some other reason that I might be
getting this error?

Thanks as always,

Eric Everman

Preceda Design LLC