Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2005/02/28 00:51:42 UTC

Can we remove data-source support?

Are we going to finally remove data-source support for 1.3?  If so, I
don't mind going through the code and docs to clean it out.

Related question: if we were to remove data-source support, should we
remove it from the docs immediately?  Do the docs reflect the current
state of the code or the latest release?  If the former, perhaps our
docs shouldn't be so tied to the website to allow for the docs on the
site to reflect the latest stable release while let developers modify
the docs in the repository concurrently with feature
additions/changes/removals.

Don

Re: Can we remove data-source support?

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
Hearing no dissents, I have removed data source support from Struts.
I also removed any documentation related to data sources, although,
the database faq could probably be brought back since it has good
information about database strategies in general.

Don

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
It's about time!  +1