Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wkbutler <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/14 23:12:26 UTC

Bypassing action mappings

Hi -
Newbie question- I hope this isn't too obvious.

I'm trying to enable the OGNL debug console  (using request param
'debug=console'), and am receiving the error

   There is no Action mapped for namespace /struts and action name
webconsole

since struts is trying to map the URL. The webconsole is just a plain HTML
file - the DebuggingInterceptor tries to launch it in a new window with URL
/struts/webconsole.html.

Do I need to declare the webconsole.html file in my struts.xml  somehow, so
it gets left alone?  I don't see a way to do this in the DTD.   Do I need to
declare a limited interceptor stack?

Thanks for ideas -
Kent

Re: Bypassing action mappings

Posted by wkbutler <ke...@gmail.com>.
That was it Dave, thanks. I'm using Appfuse and it declares a StaticFilter in
the web.xml - adding /struts/* to the includes did the trick.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.