Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by ba...@generationjava.com on 2001/08/13 20:23:18 UTC

Re: JDOM taglib

It looks as though the major Jakarta taglib in this area is XTags. Talking
to James Strachan about that is probably worthwhile, I'm sure he'll be
talking to you about your idea.

Only point I wanted to make was that you might want to consider using a
'.' rather than a '_' to separate levels. It's a bit more of a standard in
Java.

Equally, XTags' XPath access is more of a standard in the XML world.

There was some talk a while back (2001-05) between James Strachan and
Scott Hasse about a JTags structure that would be akin to XTags but
provide a Java version. Scott's version was at:

http://plaza.isthmugroup.net/exptags/intro.jsp

Maybe your idea can find some linking with JTags. It definitely sounds
like a good idea to me.

Bay