Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Kopp <mk...@ftisoft.at> on 2003/06/12 14:10:34 UTC

Re-Validate DOMDocument in memory

Hi,

I was wondering if this is possible yet in Xerces-C 2.3.

According to you API Docu, the DOMConfiguration supports the
'validate' and 'schema-location' parameters, which should be honored
by the normalizeDocument method.

On the otherside your FAQ's state that any kind of revalidation in memory
is not supported up to now.

Can you tell if this will work or not?

Thanks in advance

Michael Kopp

Financial Technologies International, Inc
A-4066 Pasching, Plus-Kaufstr.7
Tel +43 (7229) 76656-23. Fax -99,
e-mail:mkopp@ftisoft.at
http://www.ftisoft.at

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately destroy it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

Re: Re-Validate DOMDocument in memory

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	no it wont work yet.

Gareth

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Michael Kopp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if this is possible yet in Xerces-C 2.3.
>
> According to you API Docu, the DOMConfiguration supports the
> 'validate' and 'schema-location' parameters, which should be honored
> by the normalizeDocument method.
>
> On the otherside your FAQ's state that any kind of revalidation in memory
> is not supported up to now.
>
> Can you tell if this will work or not?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael Kopp
>
> Financial Technologies International, Inc
> A-4066 Pasching, Plus-Kaufstr.7
> Tel +43 (7229) 76656-23. Fax -99,
> e-mail:mkopp@ftisoft.at
> http://www.ftisoft.at
>
> This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately destroy it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services

Using ICU for supporting other encodings

Posted by Ashay <as...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I am using Xerces2.2 and Xalan 1.5.

I need my application to support encodings other than what are supported by Xerces. To achieve this, I have downloaded ICU package and have rebuilt Xerces with it. My question is what code changes do I need to make for supporting other encodings like Shift_JIS..

For example, I serialized a DOM (using the DOMWriter class) with output encoding as UTF-8. This worked fine. But if I specify Shift_JIS , it gave me an error that a transcoder could not be created(see DOMPrint example provided with Xerces) , which is undertandable.

But after integrating Xerces with ICU, if I want to serialize the DOM with output encoding as Shift_JIS, what code changes do I need to make. It would be great if someone can give me a detailed procedure about how to go about it.

Is it enough to rebuild Xerces with ICU so that all other encodings are supported ?

Detailed help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

AS