Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/05 05:41:57 UTC

Jakarta ECS and ORO moving to the Attic

Attic folks -

I'd like to inform the Attic PMC that the Jakarta PMC voted to move
the following projects to the Apache Attic:
 * Jakarta ECS: http://jakarta.apache.org/ecs/
 * Jakarta ORO: http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/

I am hereby requesting the Attic PMC to take over the ownership of the
above projects. I'll be opening issues in the tracker for these soon
(volunteers TBD).

Jakarta folks -

We're looking for volunteer(s) to help with the associated tasks for
these moves. Here is a comparable example for tasks to be performed
(Xang):

 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-44

Please post to the Attic general mailing list if you are interested in
helping with the move(s).

-Rahul

Re: Jakarta ECS and ORO moving to the Attic

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
I've created the main tasks in the Attic JIRA:

  ECS: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-95
  ORO: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-96

And also for Slide (from April):

  Slide: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-94

We're looking for volunteers :-) TIA to anyone who helps.

-Rahul

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2010-09-05, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>
>> Please post to the Attic general mailing list if you are interested in
>> helping with the move(s).
>
> I'll take care of Gump - Slide is already handled there.

<snip/>

Great, thanks, please add comments to ATTIC-{94,95,96} as appropriate,
when things get done.

I'll make the SVN repos (ECS and ORO) readonly shortly and note that
in the issues.

-Rahul

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.