Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by agamanin <mg...@mail.ru> on 2017/03/23 07:29:44 UTC

Acessing custom Java MapReduce/Filter results from Thrift/REST API

Hello everyone.
I'm going to store csv data in a single HBase column, without breaking it up
by dedicated columns for sake of space efficiency and very fast data loading
to HBase. One CSV row per key. Example:

Key: identifier_abc
Column1: 'aaa;bbb;ccc;ddd;eee;
Key: identifier_gghh
Column1: 'gh;thj;gn'

Meanwhile I need to develop an HBase client that will operate with Thrift
and/or REST API and the client does not need the whole bunch of CSV data for
a specific key. Instead, it only needs certain fields inside CSV. I.e. field
1, 4 and 29.

Thus I want to build a custom pre-processor for Thrift/REST scanner that
would parse CSV inside a column and return only requested fields.
Unfortunately I didn't find a way to call custom Java package that
implements the pre-processing logic from Thrift or REST.

Any advise would be highly appreciated.