Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "mail@felixguntrum.de" <ma...@felixguntrum.de> on 2004/03/14 21:44:59 UTC

[J2] Status Cornerstone & Avalon

hi,

can anybody provide me some informations about the cornerstone-framework
and his disposal in jetspeed2?

i took a short look at the cornerstone-docs in j2 cvs and it seems, that
cornerstone fits nice in j2, because cornerstone will allow "mass
customization" - which sounds very helpful if you develop your own
portal-solutionn based upon j2 framework.

but i don´t understand the difference between avalon and cornerstone.
both are component frameworks (?) and it sounds to me, that they are
having the same intention (meet the requirements for
framework-development, e.g.: low coupling between components, scalable
architecture, customize the framework, providing some tools and utilities)?

thanks in andvance,
felix

Re: [J2] Status Cornerstone & Avalon

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.