Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Sergio Lobo <se...@just-in-time-software.com> on 2003/01/09 16:45:06 UTC

Problems with VerifySignature

Hello!

I need to find a way to verify the signature of a xml document in my
project. I thought that the best way to get an idea on how to do that would
be to compile and run CreateSignature.java and VerifySignature.java. I had
no problems to create the signature.xml however when I try to run
VerifySignature I get the following:

---
log4j:ERROR DOM element is not a <configuration> element
log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.xml.security.In
it).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No attributes
are
 implemented
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.setAttribute(Docume
ntBuilderFactoryImpl.java:98)
        at VerifySignature1.main(VerifySignature1.java:126)
---

Any help will be VERY appreciated!

Kind regards,
Sergio Lobo

Re: Problems with VerifySignature

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.
Hi Sergio,

that sounds strange. In the classpath must be a file called config.xml (it
must be in org/apache/xml/security/resource/ ). In this file, there is the
log4j configuration.

Can you check whether this file is in the xmlsec.jar ?

Christian

--On Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2003 16:45 +0100 Sergio Lobo