Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by SiMaYunRui <my...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/15 15:24:28 UTC

how to debug hbase standalone?

Hi,

I am
writing to ask how to debug hbase-0.98 standalone mode thru eclipse.

First I
imported hbase-0.98.2 into eclipse, and compiled successfully thru "mvn
clean install -DskipTests". Then I got an ClassNotFoundException when I
tried to debug/run the java application with main class configured as
"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster". I tried to add
hbase-server.jar into Classpath, still no luck.

Later I
tried remote debug. I downloaded hbase-0.98.2-hadoop2.bin.tar. After modified
"hbase" to enable remote debug, I could successfully start hbase.
Then I can make eclipse remote connect to the started java application thru
configured port. I can see the debug view and thread suspended. But my source
code cannot by loaded correctly, "Source not found" error appears
even I have right setting in Source Lookup dialog.

I read
lots of articles including reference book. But none of them actually work.
What's right way/configuration to debug HBase?
RegardsYunsima

RE: how to debug hbase standalone?

Posted by SiMaYunRui <my...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Nick. I switched to IntelliJ, remote debug works well now. It's possible my eclipse issue, but anyway, it works perfect for me now. Thanks a lot. :-)

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.