Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com> on 2004/10/01 18:12:43 UTC

If ACL-inh="root", why cant user authenticate ?

Help with a basic Slide/Dav question ?

In domain.xml:
Set /files acl-inheritance to 'root'.
Set root permissions to allow /roles/user permission "all" but have that
permission be inheritable=false.

<permission action="all" subject="/roles/root" inheritable="true"/>
<permission action="all" subject="all" inheritable="false"/>
<permission action="all" subject="/roles/user" inheritable="true"/>

Create user under /users, add a password prop, and add to /roles/user.
--> User cant login. !!

Now, Change inheritable on root permissions (above) to be true.

User can login!  I don't understand this.  I don't want to have to set the
permissions on the /roles/user to be inheritable because I am trying to
limit the access of the principal /roles/user to deeper branch nodes, and
only grant access to other principals, but if this inheritance is set to
true, then collections constructed down the line from /files will get this
permission, which I don't want it to have (and you cant remove it from that
deeper collection node...)