Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Yossi Reginiano <Yo...@amdocs.com> on 2018/05/09 12:16:54 UTC

CI failure

Hi,

For some reason the CI that was triggered after I committed my changes failed on the following -

error: cannot find symbol
  @ConfigAttributeGetter(name = THREAD_MONITOR_AUTO_ENABLED)
                                ^

This symbol is well defined under - ConfigurationProperties
Also I did not make any changes there since my last commit in which CI was successful
Locally CI is working fine

Pull - Thread Monitoring Mechanism GEODE-5142 #1868
https://travis-ci.org/apache/geode/builds/376793484?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification

Thanks,
Yossi Reginiano

you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer <https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>

Re: CI failure

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Yossi,

Well, this one is confusing! Your branch builds fine for me too.

BUT, travis is not building your branch. It actually builds a *merge* of
your branch with develop. Which I guess the travis-ci people thought was
cool, but makes things really confusing in cases like this.

Your code doesn't compile when it's merged with develop because on develop
someone changed the imports in DistributionConfig. It used to be "import
static org.apache.geode.distributed.ConfigurationProperties.*;" which
included THREAD_MONITOR_AUTO_ENABLED, but now it's an explicit list of
imports.

Anyway, to fix this mess, just merge your changes with the latest develop,
fix the imports, and update your PR. Sorry about that.

-Dan