Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com> on 2007/11/07 01:37:26 UTC

Re: Updated Apache Ant listing in the EOS Directory

Hi, Ryck.

The Ant developer mailing list is probably the best place to post
messages that are meant to address the community of Ant committers. This
would likely be true of many other open source projects, as well. I've
cced the mailing list so that others have a chance to review your Ant
page and offer any information to enhance it. If you don't wish to
become a member of the mailing list, you can follow any subsequent
conversation by reading the archives[1].

I think that where a link to your site would make the most sense on the
Ant site is on the Ant resources page[2] and/or the ExternalResources
Wiki page[3]. Typically, you would provide a patch for the resources
page in order to make that happen.

I hope that helps.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=ant-dev&r=1&w=2
[2] http://ant.apache.org/resources.html
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/ant/ExternalResources

Posted by "rlent@eosdirectory.org" <rl...@eosdirectory.org>.
It's sometimes hard to know where to start when trying to contact a open source project for non-development issues.

Thanks very much for your suggestions and advice!

Ryck Lent -- Community Manager
EOS Directory -- www.eosdirectory.org
rlent@eosdirectory.org

The Ant developer mailing list is probably the best place to post messages that are meant to address the community of Ant committers. This would likely be true of many other open source projects, as well. I've cced the mailing list so that others have a chance to review your Ant page and offer any information to enhance it. If you don't wish to become a member of the mailing list, you can follow any subsequent conversation by reading the archives[1].

I think that where a link to your site would make the most sense on the Ant site is on the Ant resources page[2] and/or the ExternalResources Wiki page[3]. Typically, you would provide a patch for the resources page in order to make that happen.

I hope that helps.
<snip>