Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com> on 2005/03/02 23:44:28 UTC

Indexing sit (stuff it) files

Hello;

I've almost completed my zip file indexer. I used the following to get an
InputStream for each file in the archive:

     ZipFile zip = new ZipFile(new File(fileLocation));
            ZipEntry zipEntry;
            Enumeration files = zip.entries();
            while (files.hasMoreElements()) {
                zipEntry = (ZipEntry)files.nextElement();
                //I have conditions here based on
zipEntry.getName().endsWith(".fileExtension) to determine which Document
Handler to use
                //below is the inputstream I send the handler
                InputStream in = zip.getInputStream(zipEntry);
            }

So far this is looking ok (not quite done yet).

A request came in to index stuffit files. I'm hoping to be able to do
something similar as the above, but I haven't found a Java api to work with
this file type. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Luke