Posted to user@struts.apache.org by fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/13 23:59:12 UTC

date comparision using validwhen

can we use validwhen to do date comparision?

we are using date pattern MM-dd-yyyy. the data type in form bean property is
String.

Thanks.

Re: date comparision using validwhen

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
fea jabi wrote:
> can we use validwhen to do date comparision?
>
> we are using date pattern MM-dd-yyyy. the data type in form bean
> property is String.

No, according to the last note in the validwhen section of the Validator
Guide [1],

* If both items to be compared are convertable to ints,
   a numeric comparison is done, otherwise a string comparison
   is done.

There's no support for date comparisons.

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/userGuide/dev_validator.html